Evergreen takes a soulful rest
The board of Directors met in January 2014 for a special session with just one agenda item – the future of Evergreen. Practicing circle process, allowed for a deeply reflective, emotional and honest conversation that led to an intentional, conscious decision to take a pause. We would like to share some of that honesty, love and intention with you
In recent months, we shared numerous conversations with each other, with supporters and with complementary and traditional practitioners about the future of Evergreen. We established some parameters prior to our recent meeting:
1. We love our mission to provide the inspiration, information, skills and support to foster individual and community health and wellbeing.
2. We do not want to be yet another fledgling non-profit asking for community support
3. We want to support existing non-profits, existing practitioners, the local business community, and those individuals who do not have the means or access to complementary care.
4. It is about the mission, not us; we are open to partnerships and new strategies to further the mission. We are even open to dissolving completely and lending our financial and volunteer help to support other like-minded causes if that is best for the
community and the mission.
5. We have no enthusiasm to continue status quo –we carry a general feeling that it is time to go big, or go home.
Our organization and its resources belong to the universe, yet a small board carries the responsibility to govern and decide its fate. During this extremely well done and highly effective meeting, several options were discussed, and we realized that making a final decision at that moment would be irresponsible.
Three decisions were made.
1. As volunteers, our executive director and others will continue to maintain and protect all assets, including our 501C-3 status, Facebook and Internet presence, etc.
2. We would not ask the community for financial support, so we will continue to work on the Be Kind Fest with all proceeds going to Visiting Nurse, Home Care and Hospice of Carroll Country, our partner on that project. Finally, it was decided our next board
meeting will be July 2014.
3. We will be staying quiet during this time of rest, reflection and stillness, that we may be better prepared to make wise decisions
at our next convening.
Meanwhile, we invite those interested in expressing ideas, visions, partnerships or support to email email@example.com.
Thank you for your past, present and future love and support.
With much love and gratitude,
The Evergreen Family
Evergreen Institute for Wellness
This 501(c)(3) non-profit is a passionate collection of committed practitioners, scientists, educators and volunteers dedicated to providing the inspiration, information, skills and support that foster individual and community health and wellbeing.
Current efforts underway to further our mission include:
1. Help integrate proven, complimentary services at Memorial Hospital that improve patient outcomes. See Ongoing Programs.
2. Promote the integrative services of local experts offering a variety of modalities complimenting conventional medicine.
3. Events and classes provide wellness inspiration, information, skills and support to the public. We cater to beginners, welcome everyone and we never want money to be a barrier.
"Problems can not be solved by the same level of awareness that created them"
~ Albert Einstein